ADDICTION
cigarettes wine and the metaphorical call of weed
I have always dreamt of evenings like this
when we sit in a circle and indulge ourselves in narcotic games of fanaticism and hunger
with the city busy surveying the bleeding chambers of reality by now
I find my poems somewhere hidden inside the delicate corridors of these ignited leaves
dusty lines riding the dark horses of pain and betrayal in my mind
the evening rolls on
slowly…
I have always dreamt of evenings like this
when we sit in a circle and indulge ourselves in narcotic games of fanaticism and hunger
with the city busy surveying the bleeding chambers of reality by now
I find my poems somewhere hidden inside the delicate corridors of these ignited leaves
dusty lines riding the dark horses of pain and betrayal in my mind
the evening rolls on
slowly…
and the dictator gifts me the September song
strumming his guitar
tempting me to hallucinate
all evening
I wait here
her eyes floating in my mind
her words racing
with the drug stained
arms of stolen time
how could I not slay her then
in the nightmares
reminding me of forsaken desires?
how could I not spell out
the curse that I had so well rehearsed for her?
O! I cannot bear these revolving thoughts anymore
let me sleep now,
and find this city hanging in mid air
remembering the good times
for they ,
sometimes ,
do make me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment